Friday, November 09, 2007

The joys of exams

Its amazing what exams do to you honestly. I was just, well not just, but I was talking to Ai Lin-I think there's no hyphen in your name right Lin?-and we both just admitted that we've been practically watching movie's for the better part of the week instead of studying. Weird.

Anyway, in keeping with the tradition I went for a movie today. I think its the first time I've been to a cinema since.....July I think, when I watched Transformers with Mira, which is a pretty damn long time ago. Putting aside the obvious I went for a political thriller this time.


I must admit, when I heard of this film I was pretty excited. Meryl Streep? Tom Cruise? Robert Redford? It don't get better than this....right?


The script was good, acting top draw but I was waiting to be stunned. It nearly got there. But not quite. Honestly I was never much of a Cruise fan. I think that the media and the weight of the show always played him in but somehow he just always manages to make it work, barely. Though this was a different genre all together I felt he did the same. But I liked his intensity and the way he really got into his character this time round. I thought the star had to be Meryl Streep, irrefutable.

Its a good film if your into politics and political thrillers. It caters more to the American public as the film really revolves around the war on terrorism, but a good one nonetheless. The underlying theme's and the message is very much relatable.

That again is my 2 cents. And I'm beginning to notice my 2 cents are really more like 2 peanuts since hardly anyone reads this blog anymore. I'm near to declaring it dead really. Neways tonnes more films to see. Valkyrie another Cruise flick, hope this converts me, Elizabeth this one I freaking HAVE to see, Volver staring Cruz and who knows what else eh. Movie slumber party anyone??

1 comment:

Steven said...

i'm a fan of ur blog. *heart skips a beat*