Sunday, June 29, 2008

Right. Exams are over. Results are in approximately 17 days. Wanted to cement that thought. As true with every other post-exam period I find myself contemplating on all the pre-exam plans/routines I set out to for the post-exam only to succumb to the dark side of laziness and being a contented couch potato, TV hogging bastard really. Alas we get a little too critical of ourselves sometimes.

So whats new?

Hmmm...

I've finished reading this book Catch-22 by Heller. Good shit. Its funny in an ironic way. I guess most typical WW2 books would depict the harsh times of war and selfless sacrifice towards country. This is completely the opposite. It focuses on insubordination, struggle to stay alive, basically the other side of the story. Very funny really. It's not typical. Which I love. Definitely worth a read. I find it quite hard to settle into that book. Probably because the author onslaughts you with a whole host of characters. But quite brilliant writing.

Also just finished Catcher in the Rye by Salinger. When I say just I literally mean just. Around 10 minutes ago. For some obscure reason I forgot how to spell minute. Meh bygones. Anyway that book was interesting to say the least. I found the main character rather unbearable but its just good. I don't think its for everyone honestly. The plot was almost like Haddon's book which is too long to type. It starts off as partly gibberish I felt but it took off soon enough. Won't go into details. Can't be bothered.

On a tangent

.
.
.
.
SAFINA LOST!!!!!! WTFKNNMCHCBKNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted her to kick Serena Williams ass. I like her. Something bout not giving up that appeals to me. Savvy?

And also the Coldplay album's pretty solid. Its different definitely. Its more about sound this album which suits me just fine. Ever notice how songs are almost always about love. That just seems fucked up frankly. But alas they say love makes the world go round. If you believe that kinda shit. Can you tell I'm a cynic?

No comments: