Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Untitled

Its getting gloomier in Melbourne. Very nostalgic now. The skies are getting grayer. The days getting shorter.

The holidays are coming. And going back seems more and more of a mistake. The past can haunt you they say. And I've gotten to used to the present. They say the past is like a silk cloth that wraps around you. It feels so good to be a part of it, until you realise how tight you've been wounded up in.

I dwell in the past too much really. But sometimes, the past's all we got. When we get lonely, we look back to the people we trusted and once held dear to us, which sometimes we still do. Its a source of comfort. Much like comfort food. Damn that char kuey teow would really taste good right bout now.

But I suppose the past does disappoint sometimes. The shoulda, woulda's and coulda's. Again, I dwell in the past too much. But people move on. And the world moves forward, even if you stay in the past. And thats the scary part really. You leave a place thinking that nothing will change, and that everything will stay the same, not realising it does. Then you come back for a rude awakening. The world changes, so do people eh. In away thats what I'm afraid of. But its inevitable.

But the facts still remain. I'm still getting on that plane. Sometimes I wish I could get on another plane. Just any plane. Anywhere. Would be fine. Then again, maybe not.

Is it worth it can you even hear me
Standing with your spotlight on me
Not enough to feed the hungry
I'm tired and I felt it for awhile now
In this sea of lonely
The taste of ink is getting old
It's four o' clock in the fucking morning
Each day gets more and more like the last day
Still I can see it coming
While I'm standing in the river drowning
This could be my chance to break out
This could be my chance to say goodbye
At last it's finally over
Couldn't take this town much longer
Being half dead wasn't what I planned to be
Now I'm ready to be free
-The Taste of Ink-
The Used

I some how think I did write something on the past a couple of posts past, not too long ago really. And I definitely recommend the song if you dig stuff like Papa Roch or FOB.

No comments: